Now is the time to look at Medicare for your eligible employees!
Do you know which of your employees is eligible for Medicare? Now is the time to make sure your eligible employees are covered.
Medicare Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a US citizen and legal resident
- Must be age 65 or older
- If younger than 65 must have certain disabilities
- Can be any age with end-stage renal disease
Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) began on October 15th and runs through December 7th. During this period, beneficiaries who are currently enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Supplement plan can shop and sign up for new plans on the open market.
During the AEP Period Your Medicare Eligible Employees can:
- Change to a Medicare Advantage plan from Original Medicare, Part A and Part B.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage plan to Original Medicare, Part A and Part B.
- Change from one Medicare Advantage plan to another (regardless of whether either plan offers drug coverage).
- Enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan.
- Change from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another.
Changes made to the policy go into effect January 1st of the following year.
Let PEO Broker help you save money by introducing your Medicare-eligible employees to the perfect plan for their unique needs.